The State of Florida: CS/SB 98 - Education
General Bill by Siplin (CO-SPONSORS) Evers; Storms; Negron
Education: Authorizing a district school board to adopt a policy that allows an inspirational message to be delivered by students at a student assembly; providing policy requirements; providing purpose, etc.
Effective Date: 07/01/2012
"The bill would allow school boards to adopt policies giving students authority to deliver "an inspirational message" during the student portion of any assembly. Administrators, teachers, coaches and other school personnel would be prohibited from reviewing the message or editing it."
Twelve Labors of Hercules
1) First task: to kill the Nemean lion, a monstrous beast that terrified the country of Nema.
2) Second task: kill the Hydra, a terrible nine-headed water serpent
3) Thirdly: capture, alive, the Arcadian stag.
4) Fourth task: capture of the Erymanthian boar
5) Then clean the Augean stables. Labor Five. King Augeus had a herd of 3,000 oxen and the stables had not been cleaned for 30 years.
6) Sixth labour: slaying of the Stymphian birds, which fed on human flesh.
7) Capture the Cretan bull sent by Neptune to the king of Crete for sacrifice.
8) Eight: capture of the mares of Diomedes.
9) Nine: obtain the the girdle (belt) of Hippolyte, the queen of the Amazons.
10) Capture the oxen of Geryon, a monster of with three bodies.
11) Eleven: obtain the golden apples of the Hesperides.
12) Final task: the bringing up of Ceberus from the underworld.
No injuries have been reported among the students and parents are lawyering -up.